If you have been following us for awhile, you know we love to bake together as a family! You also probably know then, that we like to purchase things as inexpensively as possible. After shopping in our little Kansas town for awhile, we have learned that we can get some of the best quality foods for the lowest prices at our local ALDI store!
We have learned that we can literally double our regular shopping list without doubling the price once we started shopping at ALDI! For a growing family of 6, this is wonderful! We can get all of our favorite foods, all of our baking ingredients, fun seasonal items and delicious organic produce all in one place and at incredible prices!
ALDI also offers a slightly different shopping experience that our family has grown to love! You bring your own reusable bags, which cuts down on having to spend extra money just to collect plastic bags that you’ll keep forgetting to recycle and is way better for the environment!
You also rent your cart! You put a quarter in and get it back when you return the cart. This was new to me but has actually become a beautiful opportunity to teach our daughters about generosity, kindness and blessing others. When our shopping is done and unloaded, we just leave that quarter in the slot for someone else to have, walk our cart to somebody else going to get one or give a quarter to someone going to get a cart. It’s just a quarter, but it is the act of doing something to bless someone else that we want the girls to enjoy and grow to do more and more selflessly every day!
With Fall right around the corner, I have been craving one of our favorite easy-to-make together breakfast treats! So, with that, I give you one of our favorite fall breakfast recipes.
APPLE FRITTER MONKEY BREAD
- 2 (12-oz.) cans of refrigerated Bake House Creations Buttermilk Biscuits or Bake House Creations Crescent Rolls. My husband maybe accidentally got crescent rolls this time, so we learned both will work great! 😀
- 6 tbsp. Countryside Creamery Butter, melted
- 1 apple of your choice. We used delicious organic Fiji apples from ALDI!! Peel, core & finely chop those bad boys!
- 4 tbsp. Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp.Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 4 tbsp. Stonemill Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. milk- Friendly Farms Organic Whole Milk. We use Almond sometimes as well when making the glaze.
- Extra Cinnamon & Sugar incase your dough needs a little more love
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 8×3” round cake pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Tear, or let your toddlers tear the biscuits, or cut each biscuit into little 1-inch pieces. Dunk the little pieces in the melted butter then toss them in cinnamon-sugar until evenly coated. Lay your lovely biscuit babies in an even layer in your pan. Sometimes we’ll add more cinnamon and sugar if it looks like some of the biscuits are too naked.
- Toss apples with brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Scatter as much or as little of them apples on top of the biscuit babies.
- Drizzle the rest of the melted butter over the biscuits and apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the biscuits are a deep golden and the apple mixture is bubbling. Cook a bit longer if the dough in the center is still too gooey. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make that magic morning glaze! Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until nice and smooth. You could substitute this step with a butter & brown sugar glaze or honey, but we chose this scrummy glaze this time!
Remove from oven, allow to cool for about 15 minutes, then drizzle that glaze on top of the bread. Spoon out generous servings & serve warm.
There are lots of ways you can mix this recipe up, but we hope you make this and enjoy this on a beautiful Fall morning! And, if you’ve never been to your local ALDI go check it out! You’re in for a treat!
It has truly been a pleasure to partner with ALDI to share some of our favorite items and a recipe containing ingredients that can all be purchased from ALDI. Check out https://www.aldi.us/ to see your local weekly specials and gain some mealtime inspiration!
(Disclaimer: We have been sponsored by ALDI for this partnership, but all opinions expressed here are my own, personal and honest opinions.)